Friday, March 2, 2018

Maybe my favorite softball tournament yet...

I'm not even going to be able to do this tournament justice as I talk about how fun it was. We just had a great weekend. Hadley's hitting is getting so good and she is really on a high right now. She is getting to make some great fielding plays and just has really started LOVING the game. I am sure there are a few notable plays but the one really worth mentioning was the end of Saturday night...more to come...



 After Friday nights LATE games....

Early Saturday morning start...


And here it is...This was the crucial part in our tournament. We were playing strikeforce. It was tied and we had gone through some extra innings so we got to point where we started with someone on 2nd and 1 out. The lineup accidentally got messed up and Hadley was hitting in a different spot than usual so it turned out that she was up to bat with 2 outs and a player on 2nd. We just needed 1 run to win and if we lost we were out of the tournament. Hadley's first swing was sky high and it was completely out of nerves. Then she fouled off a couple. Finally, with the stands completely silent she hits a hard grounder to the right of 2nd baseman and it made it though to the outfield. She scored a walkoff homer to win the game. It was amazing and I'm not sure I have ever seen her smile so big. I had huge tears in my eyes as her teammates hugged and cheered for her. I will NEVER forget the moment. She has struggled at bat and I've seen lots of tears and fear at the plate. I could never be more proud of her and her ability to never give up, always keep a good attitude, and with that...become a great hitter again.











Sunday ended with lots of rain, a disappointing loss, and a 2nd place finish. A great tournament. And honestly, I didn't care how it ended....Saturday night made the weekend all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment