Thursday, January 19, 2017

My favorite Christmas presents I have ever received

I have been wanting this artist out of Spain to do some pastel portraits of our kids for quite some time now. However, after emailing back and forth with her I just decided it wasn't something I could justify spending the money on after all we had just spent to repaint so much of the downstairs. So it was a huge surprise when I opened my present on Christmas morning to see that Matt had purchased them for me. No, it wasn't the portraits because he wanted me to pick the exact picture I wanted. Instead, it was a card telling me they were paid for and I just needed to pick the pictures. So we spent the next day deciding on what age and picture we wanted and we emailed them over. It only took a few weeks to get them back and I cried this morning as I opened my email and saw these beautiful pastels of Hadley and Hudson at 4 years old.  I absolutely can hardly wait to see them in person! 




*** updated.... the portraits are in, I got them framed, and we picked them up and hung them today. I can't quit staring at them!



No comments:

Post a Comment