Monday, September 12, 2016

First kid pitch game for Hadley

Our days of pitching machine are over and tonight pretty much confirmed that there will be a big learning curve with kid-pitch and I'm going to miss machine. We had a busy Monday. While the kids were at school I got everything organized for our long evening out. I picked up the kids, took them to Karate for Hudson, and then we ate dinner together at Uptown grocery. It actually worked out pretty great because its right next to the ball field and they have something both of the kids like. The kids devoured some food and we took some to go for inbetween games. Here is a picture of typical Hudson. He's calmly eating his food and I have no idea how long it took me to notice the fork he had put in his hair. He said he didn't want it to fall on the floor (which I am sure is cleaner than the hair on his head)!


Hudson was pretty excited to spend some time with his buddies again! He LOVES Hadley's softball nights when he gets to get dirty and wrestle with friends!


A few pictures from the first game. And I probably would have forgotten to take any period if the beautiful sunset hadn't gotten my attention. Its hard to beat these nights outside! The girls did surprisingly well. Their pitcher made some pretty great pitches and they are excited about finally being able to steal in regular season games. Hadley had two hits and I think only one other player did but part of that reason is that the other teams pitcher had a really rough time throwing strikes. Its going to be quite the learning experience for all the teams in the league but it was much more fun than I had anticipated. I'm excited to see how much these girls improve!




No comments:

Post a Comment