Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's party

Hadley is super addicted to her Rainbow Loom right now! She wants to make bracelets from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed. So when she came up with her own Valentines idea for her classmates, I had to help her get it done. She decided she would make a custom bracelet for each kid with the colors she thought they would like the most. She worked so hard on them (with a little help from me) and could hardly wait to give them to her friends. I think she even let it slip a few times that they would all be getting a bracelet. Here is the finished product:



Her teacher requested that each kid practice their handwriting by writing the kids first and last names as well as their own. I am so impressed with Hadley's handwriting and how much of a perfectionist she is!


Hadley's teacher called to tell me that when she was putting the valentines in each kids bag she was able to guess almost every single person's bracelet before even looking at the name. I do think Hadley really thought out what each kid would like based on their favorite colors!


Hadley's Valentine's party was on a Thursday so I was really happy to be off work and get to go to the party with her. Goodness, these kids acted like they had already had 30 packets of sugar! They were so hyped up and giddy to open their Valentine's. My favorite part was hearing all the kids telling Hadley they couldn't wait to see what their bracelet looks like. And she was more excited to see how much they liked them than finding out what she got in her bag.



Haha! Love this excited face.


Hadley's friend, Clara.

Unfortunately, while we were celebrating Valentine's day at Hadley's school, our little Hudson was getting sick at his. When I picked him up from school he slowly walked out the door, looked right up at me, and said, "I sick." He was hot, not really hot, but enough that I knew we were in for something. We loaded up in the car to head home and his sweet face had those eyes that could tell anyone he didn't feel well.


We made it home, found we had a temp of 102, and decided to rest on the couch and see how much better he could start feeling. Unfortunately, by the time Matt got home Hudson was not any better and we knew we needed to make a trip to the after hours clinic. With practically all of okc coming down with the flu I was just concerned thats what we were running into. Thankfully, my parents offered to pick Hadley up from school and let her spend the night at their house to keep her away from the germs. We got to the after hours clinic and they called us back after about 30 minutes. As soon as they started taking his vitals Hudson started puking EVERYWHERE. All over Matt, himself, my hands, and the floor. So we stripped him down to his diaper, wrapped him in his blanket, and waited on the doctor. Long story short, he was diagnosed with croup...much better than the alternative. We were given steroids and hope to be on the mend soon!



Still smiling and being goofy even when he feels terrible.



I told him he could close his eyes if he wanted to since the light was bright. He immediately passed out (which literally NEVER happens.) As much as I dont want to see him feeling bad it was so sweet watching him sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment