Thursday, June 21, 2012

Celebrating Hadley...

 She was our princess the day she was born...


and as a 1 year old...


2 year old...

3 year old...


4 year old...


and now a 5 year old! She continues to amaze us every single day!


I am in complete disbelief that Hadley is 5 years old today. It has been a little emotional for me today as I realized how quickly the first 5 years have gone. Five puts her in a new category of life, one that is no longer classified as a baby or toddler, but now as a big girl. She has big conversations with us that constantly remind us how observant and smart she is. She dreams big, wanting to be a doctor, mommy with 2 boys and 2 girls (because that is fair), a singer, and a dancer. She is so expressive with big hand gestures and her little body can produce a really loud voice. She is shy at times but loves to be the leader of the group. She has such a kind heart, loves to cuddle, wants to give kisses, sit in your lap, and hold your hand. She is so polite and very rarely will you not hear her say "please" and "thank you." She is full of smiles and brings joy to our lives each day.

Hadley, you are more loved than you will ever know! Happy 5th Birthday!!!


Here are several pictures from the past 5 years. They are my favorites. The ones that I just love to look back on as I try and slow down life...unsuccessfully.



My favorite Halloween costume...EVER:

Those big brown eyes and long eyelashes have so much life:

This is the first picture we have of Hadley finding her thumb...and she hasn't lost it since!


How quickly the personality develops. She always wanted bows and accessories and still does to this day.

Quite possibly my very favorite.

This picture is just a reminder of her attachment to this baby. I love this picture because she always carried her baby around the neck just like this. Hadley took her baby everywhere with her. She slept with her. She told her stories. And I finally had to wean her of "baby" when both legs and one arm were hanging on by a thread because this is a keepsake I will always hang onto and cherish.

The innocence of a 2 year old.

The blur in the front of this picture is Bauer running past and knocking her over as she ran across the yard. It's just one of my favorites when I need a laugh.

She took her new role as a big sister-in-training VERY seriously.




Pure joy in this precious face!



Our times at the lake are some of my favorites and this picture is as well. A little model in the making!

Hadley's role changed from only child to big sister this day and she is absolutely the most incredible big sister I could have ever imagined. She loves her brother more than life and is very protective of him.

The jean shorts were mine when I was two and she is wearing them at 3.


This 4 year old is growing up too fast!

It was a proud moment to see my daughter be a flower girl for the first time. This picture brings back memories of her dancing the night away!

My favorite Christmas so far! She understands the meaning of Christmas now and we loved watching her excitement and anticipation of Christmas Day.

Our beautiful little girl...inside and out.

I cannot wait to see what more excitement life with a five year old brings. But I do know that God has already blessed us more than we could have ever imagined!

A little update:
I just got these pics off my phone and wanted to add them on here. 

Going to bed a 4 year old.

And waking up a 5 year old. She was so excited with the balloons all over her room!


Cinnamon rolls and birthday candles for breakfast:

We told Hadley she could go anywhere she wants for her birthday dinner and she chose Chuck E Cheese, of course. Peyton, Mama, and Papa came along too. She was so excited to get a birthday cake delivered to her table!



1 comment:

  1. Love love love! So sweet and perfect pictures! Happy Birthday Big Girl!!

    ReplyDelete