Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's days like these...

...that make me glad I work. I LOVE my job. I always thought I would like doing pediatric dentistry but I had no idea how much I would like it. Maybe it makes me feel young to get down on a kids level, make them laugh, and hopefully help them enjoy coming to the dentist. I work mainly with very low-income families and I really enjoy educating the parents and children on the simple things that you would think everybody knows. There are, however, hard days for me when I have to tell a parent that every tooth in their child's mouth needs to be crowned, or worse, pulled. Or when I question whether a child is being taken care of like he/she should be. I often times have to hold back my emotions and judgements to make it through particular appointments.

But back to the title of this post...

I came home Wednesday at noon because Hudson has been teething, had a cold, and been pretty needy. I was only here about an hour when I was thinking how much easier it was when I was at work! Working four days a week is hard...for me. I want to be with my kids more, I hate missing out on little things, and it is hard juggling housework, errands, activities, and work. But after 4 hours straight of crying I was reminded that at least work gives me a little breather. And I really do feel like I am a better mom when I am with my kids because I don't take the time I do have for granted. I hope to, really soon, cut back to three days a week and look forward to having one more day with my kids! Until then, let's pray Hudson gets through teething and this cold quickly. We are ready to go play outside again!

No comments:

Post a Comment