Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hadley's birthday blessing

Hadley had her birthday blessing at school today for her half birthday (that's what happens with a summer birthday)! She picked out sugar cookies to take to the class and she got to fill an "about me" bag up with some of her favorite things. Towards the end of the day I met her up at school with the cookies and she couldn't wait to pass them out. She even had her own special cookie with her name on it. After everyone sang "happy birthday" they ate their cookies and then Hadley moved up to the front of the class with her bag. She pulled each item out to talk about it and for the first time in a long time I saw her get really shy. She kept wanting me to talk about the items for her. But she made it through and even made some of the kids laugh with her funny stories. After hearing all about Hadley, each kid in the class told something that they liked about Hadley. I heard lots of "she is nice to everybody" "she is funny" "she is pretty" "she has the best laugh." I would say I agree with all of them! Hadley Brooke, we love you more than you will ever know and wish you the best 1/2 birthday.  I hope you are always as sweet, kind-hearted, and funny as you are now!





No comments:

Post a Comment